Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Days of December: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

I'm finishing up the last few pages for my Days of December album. OK, I still have a fair number of pages left to create, but not TOO many! I've made a big dent already! This is a little bit of a re-do. I had already made the tree page and had paired it with photos of my kids in front of the tree. I decided to change up the order and do a page of some of the details of Christmas decorations around the house and place that by the tree page. (We like to remember what room we decide to put the tree in every year - and besides I always LOVE lighted tree photos!) I thought it would be fun years down the road to be able to look back and see some of the details of how our house look at Christmas time with the decorations sitting about.

Just this Christmas my mom and sister were looking at a heritage album I had created of our growing up years. (It was an album spanning about 20 years.) What were some of the things I was hearing as they looked at the book? Hmmm... look at that catalog Santa Claus ... look at those decorations ... look at that wallpaper ... look at the xxx (a bunch of stuff!). It was a reminder that the little things bring back so many memories. So ... I'm going to make a point of including more "stuff" and "surroundings" in my albums! I want the kids to be able to look back and remember that I always hung their old (little kid) Christmas art projects on the wall every holiday and other little family traditions, as well as some of the little doo-dads (yup, that's the word I'm using!) we have sitting around the house. Little stuff!





For these pages I used:
Karla Dudley's Heart of the Holidays
Mye de Leon's Vintage Christmas
Katie Pertiet's Letterbox Holiday Corners, Buttoned Up Holiday and Christmas Blendables
The fonts were Century Gothic and Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment