Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Summer of Projects

These pages were super fun to put together. It's fun putting together pictures from a range of dates and events - of course with a singular theme. These clearly were about some house projects we (OK, more so my husband) did this spring and summer.

My journaling reads:

We did a bunch of house projects this spring & summer. The projects ranged from getting new chairs for the living room to completely redoing the family room (walls, furniture, . . . everything), to painting the outside window trim, to replacing the railing. Lots of stuff!


I’m absolutely thrilled with our new living room chairs. They’re so incredibly comfy and I adore the fabric we chose. At first I worried the fabric might be too funky but I worried needlessly.  It’s awesome and to me the chairs give the living room a library like feel. (I practically live in them!)

We also decided it was time to “bite the bullet” as they say and redecorate the downstairs. (It hadn’t been painted since we finished the family room 16 years ago and we were tired of it being the home for all the “dead and unwanted” furniture. We picked out a leather reclining sofa and two reclining chairs with wood arms. We love it all! Again, it’s kinda funky fabric but I adore it too. After choosing fabric for the furniture we picked out coordinating paint colors and Scott painted the family room. We’re thrilled with the way it worked out and spend a ton of time downstairs now! Yay!!!

Along with the new chairs and sofa in the family room came a new TV stand and bookcases for the back wall. Assembling the TV stand and bookcases was a complete joy for Scott. He just loved it. Just kidding! Assembling the new TV stand took into the wee hours of the morning, and then there were the Ikea bookcases. Don’t get me started. We love the finished bookcases but we did not enjoy the chaos of shopping at Ikea and assembling all those bookcases was not a treat for Scott. Of course he did it. He’s awesome like that! Note, I sure do appreciate all that Scott does!






To create these pages I used:

Katie Pertiet's AMAZING Filed Layered Templates
Echo Park Hybrid's Fall Fever (wood paper)
Lori Whitlock's Office Oriented (paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment