Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Digi Re-Do: Made of Awesome Page

I created this page the other day using photos of my son. Have you noticed that I really like using large photos on my pages? I was happy with the page in its original form, but after I looked at it for a bit I felt like it might look better if I made a couple of little “tweaks,” so I gave it a try.


While I really liked the large blended focal photo of my son and the smaller blended photo, since those photos were lying on a base of black chalkboard paper I thought I’d try changing those photos into something that made the photos look more like they were drawn with chalk.

I played around with a Photoshop Chalk and Charcoal filter on each of the photos and I really like the effect it gave. After applying the filter I needed to play around a bit with the masking to get the photos to look the way I wanted them to on the chalk paper but it was a fun little change. With the smaller framed photos without any effect used on them, I thought I may as well go with the fun chalk look. It’s digi so it’s fun to play!

Hmmm ... I do like the large photo with no effect as well. It's hard to decide. (I haven't printed yet so I can still change my mind! LOL!) So … what do you think? Which look do you prefer?

NEW PAGE:

ORIGINAL PAGE:


Credits:
Gennifer Bursett (Pixels & Co.): Made of Awesome
Simply Tiffany Studios (Pixels & Co.): Artistic Photo Masks

No comments:

Post a Comment