Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Hard Core Gamer

My son preordered and waited for AGES for the release of the Call of Duty Black Ops 2 game (it came out in mid-November - he saved for and bought this fancy edition himself). Didn't we all? Ha! Just kidding! Was he ever excited about it's release. The night before it was officially released he really (truly!) hoped that I'd go to the store at midnight and pick it up for him. While I'm a nice mom (I think!) I didn't do that. (Besides it being midnight - eek! - I also wasn't going to let him game in the middle of the night - PLUS it was a school night!) I did pick up the game as soon as I got off work and brought it home for him. He was thrilled to have his game so quickly.

While I did want to scrap a page about his happiness over this game ... I also wanted to include that while he can be a crazy gamer (most teen boys are I think), he was super sweet as well. The night after he got it, even though he could have been playing his game, he offered to show me how to play. Let me tell you, I am completely clueless on how to use a PS3 remote. COMPLETELY clueless. We spent about a 1/2 hour (maybe even an hour) of him patiently showing me the basics. It was fun ... but more than that ... I really enjoyed hanging out with my son and having him teach me how to run his game.

He sure is a great kid!



My supply list for this page is:
Simply Tiffany Studio's 25 Days of Summer
Karla Dudley's Stamp Sheet Boy, Digi Essentials and Clear Essentials (I LOVE her essentials kits!)
Karen Funk Simply Boyish Elements
Design by Dani's Boy Crazy
and Katie Pertiet's Basic Twills (recolored)

It was a pretty quick page to put together yesterday ... and while I completely enjoyed making my Days of December album ... it was fun to scrap something completely different!

No comments:

Post a Comment