Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Daughter: A Pastry Chef in the Making

My daughter has had a love of baking and cake decorating for years now. She's really quite good at it. She makes such beautiful and delicious treats. Lately she's been focusing on cupcakes, but she makes pretty much anything. LOVE that! Whenever we go somewhere or when we have people over for dinner - the dessert is something that my daughter always takes care of. 

I thought it was funny, we went to a Superbowl party and the host of the party requested that Lauren make her Red Velvet cake (everyone loves that - it's amazing!). Of course we said YES ... she'll make that. Then we realized she was going to be out of town and was only going to get back an hour or so before the party. That meant that I would have to make the cake, so what did we do? We didn't make Red Velvet cake that's for sure. That's my daughter's job. She's awesome!

FYI ... my son and husband love to cook too. My husband can make anything (not so much desserts though) and my son ... he can cook too but he specializes in hot wings and jambalaya. 

I sure am lucky to have such good bakers in my house!


Credits (all Pixels & Co.):

Neutral Basics papers | Mye de Leon
Everyday Life Sentiments | Karla Dudley
Everyday Storyteller Templates | Karla Dudley
Chalkboard Quotes | Crystal Livesay
Ruby elements (string tie - recolored) | Ardent Sparrow
Green Lights Ahead (epoxy button) | Karla Dudley

No comments:

Post a Comment