Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2013 Project Life: Week 5: January 27 - February 2

I'm a couple of days late posting my Week 5 Project Life pages. My plan is to put these pages together Sunday mornings but I had a bit of a wrench thrown in my plans. I didn't have a laptop ... well, actually, there was a laptop I could use BUT it wasn't MY laptop and it didn't have Photoshop or my pictures or anything else I needed.

If you're wondering, what happened is that Friday night my laptop went all wacky on me again. For ages now it's been acting up. Actually ... I can pinpoint when the problems started occurring. It was August 3, 2011 when I had my "unfortunate coffee incident." I was walking with a cup of coffee in my hands and I tripped. There was only about a sip of coffee left in my cup but that sip landed right smack dab on the keyboard of my laptop. Let me tell you ... that is a VERY bad thing. We did repairs but my laptop never was the same again.

Anyway ... long story short ... my computer was completely dead for a period of time Friday night but it did come back to life eventually. I promptly made a Saturday morning appointment at the Apple Genius Bar (I LOVE those guys!). We figured out that we could replace the logic board for a whopping $500 but we still wouldn't be sure that would fix all the issues. I would continue to be fearful knowing that at some random point in time my laptop could corrupt my data. Obviously I couldn't do that SOOOOO ... I ordered a new laptop. I'm in LOVE with my new laptop. It's so incredibly fast and beautiful. (Yup ... I do love technology!) Still ... I had to be without a laptop for a couple of days while they migrated my data ... then, when I got my new laptop back I threw another wrench in the plan by being sick and not being up to scrapping. Darn. Darn. Darn.

Now I'm feeling mostly better and can scrap again! Yay! So ... Project Life had to come first because I don't want to get behind. Even these couple of extra days made it just a teensy bit harder because I couldn't remember what all I wanted to include. Oh well ... I'm happy with the way my pages turned out and I think I captured the essence of my family's week.





Credits for this page are: Becky Higgins (AC Digitals) Turquoise and Cobalt Edition kits; Creashens (Pixels & Co.) Euphoria paper pack; and Splendid Fiins (Jessica Sprague) Just My Type Days overlays

2 comments:

  1. I am happy that you have your new Computer

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I remember that coffee incident - totally made me cringe. LOL! You did a layout about it, right? Anyhoo. I love these PL pages! Especially the photo overlays with the name of the days on them. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete