Tuesday, February 26, 2013

An end to piano lessons ... scrapping the good and the not so good moments

Three and a half years ago my daughter decided that she really wanted to learn to play the piano. She was so excited about it. I loved listening to her play the piano! Well ... fast forward to this past November. My daughter is a teenager now and life seemed to be getting in the way. She was not enjoying practicing the piano at all and my husband and I were turning into nags. Well ... her piano teacher noticed as well and talked to her about it. My daughter thought about their conversation and decided it was time to quit. I was pretty disappointed but I understood where she was coming from. This was supposed to be something she was doing for fun - not a chore. Who knows, maybe she'll play again some day. (I hope!)

So ... I decided if I really want my scrapbooks to show our real life, I need to document the good and the not so good. (This doesn't really count as a bad moment, but it was a disappointing event.)

So, here we go ...



Credits:
Layered Template 4 | Scott Girl Design
Start the Music | Julia Makotinsky
Evidence Date Stamps | Splendid Fiins
Simple Stitches | Karen Funk
Rain (gems) | Amanda Dykan

1 comment:

  1. :(
    But good for you letting her quit. I always loved piano, but my sister hated it and mom strongly "resisted" her quitting for years. My sister still holds a little grudge 3 decades later!

    ReplyDelete