Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hybrid Project - Christmas Card Book

I thought I'd share with you a hybrid project I created the other day. It's a "book" I created to store my Christmas cards. I'm posting this kind of late (it's Valentines Day after all!), but better late than never right?! I like to keep the Christmas cards we get every year (particularly the photo cards), but I always used to struggle with what to do with them so I can actually look at the pictures. I used to keep the photos in a folder in a drawer but that was really fairly pointless. I never looked at the pictures. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Then I saw something like this on Pinterest last year. (I created a book last year too) and decided this was the perfect solution to my picture card dilemma!


This is such an easy project to create! All I had to do was design a cover in Photoshop (I used a bracket shape) and then I printed it at Costco. I cut out the bracket shape page and adhered it to cardboard. (I used the cardboard I get when I print pictures/scrapbook pages at Costco. The cardboard they send with scrapbook pages is so useful for lots of stuff!). After that I just used another piece of cardboard to make a "template" of sorts for punching holes for the binder rings so I could keep the holes consistently spaced, and I used that template to punch the holes in the cover, photos, photo cards and envelope (that I used to house the Christmas letters we received).

Easy peasy, right?

Credits:

Heart of the Holidays kit by Karla Dudley
Vintage Christmas kit by Mye de Leon
Jumbo Number Cards by Karla Dudley
Artisan Label Templates by Crystal Wilkerson (the bracket shape)
Mixed Stamp Titles No. 2 by Katie Pertiet

No comments:

Post a Comment