Monday, February 11, 2013

2013 Project Life: Week 6: February 3 - February 9

It was another fun week of creating my Project Life pages! Sometimes (OK all the time) it's hard to decide what I do and don't want to add to these pages, but in the end I figure I'm getting an awful lot of my family's stories onto the pages, so if there are a couple little things here and there that don't get included it'll be fine.

I've found that I like to take screen shots of Social Media (Facebook) posts and include those on my pages. It takes the place of my journaling in spots and I think they in themselves are little tokens of "real life" right now.

I take very few videos, but I did take one video of my daughter's concert this week. I've been intrigued by the idea of including QR codes on my pages that link to a YouTube video, but I have yet to figure out how to do that. (OK, I haven't even looked into doing it yet. So far it's just a thought/concept.) I consider myself somewhat of a tech-y person, but I know absolutely nothing about QR codes and YouTube. (I'm one of the few people in this world who seldom watches YouTube and who has never uploaded a video.) I'm still thinking that maybe I'll look into how to do that. (If anyone has any tips for me I'd be thrilled to hear them!) I figure I'm not going to actually print my book until the end of the year so I can always go back and add my QR code before printing. So ... that's just a thought for me!




So ... onto scrappy mentions (the important stuff for us digi scrappers!). Everything from this page is from Karla Dudley at Pixels & Co. She's got two amazing new kits that I really enjoyed using - Life 365 Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. They were oh so fun. I love all the handwritten bits she included. I have a Wacom pen so in theory I could add my own handwriting to my pages but I seldom do it. I like Karla's handwriting so I'm using her handwriting instead of mine!

So ... that's it for now. Make it a good week!

Oh ... a full detailed list of credits for these pages follows:
Karla Dudley: (1) Life 365 Vol. 1, (2) Life 365 Vol. 2, (3) Frame Essentials, (4) Coded Love
The fonts I use on all my Project Life pages are Very Fine Serif and Cafe Rojo

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the QR code idea. I know TDD has been talking about them on their podcasts, but I never really got the point or could think of a way I'd want to use them. But your idea and using YouTube is genius!

    ReplyDelete