Friday, March 1, 2013

We heart reading (my mom, my daughter & me)

I was looking through my 2012 photos and ran across this photo of Lauren reading. I always loved this photo of her and used it in my photo-a-day book as well as on a random snapshots page for 2012, but this is different. It reminded me of a photo I knew I had somewhere of me reading "way back when" (1974). Then, looking at some old photos, I came across this photo from 1973 of my mom reading too. SCORE! I simply HAD to scrap the photos together!

Mom ... when you read this post I had some random thoughts. First off I thought of how many more pictures I take now-a-days than we took back when I was a kid. (Totally makes sense with digital prints vs printing all those photos.) It also made me wonder why, almost 40 years ago, you took a picture of me reading. It's such a random moment. (For me those are some of my favorite moments to scrap!) Thanks for taking that photo! Looking at the old pictures reminds me of the couch we were sitting on - how long we had it and how scratchy it was and how cool it was at the time! And, I think, (even though I can't tell for sure zooming in on the picture) that I was reading a Beverly Cleary book. Random memories, aren't they?


Digi credits for my page:
Berenstain | Karla Dudley
Frame Essentials | Karla Dudley
Clear Essentials | Karla Dudley
Simple Stitches | Karen Funk
In Good Company (brush) | Juliana Kneipp
Barely There Brushes | Simply Tiffany Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment