Friday, March 29, 2013

It's a sorry statement on American television ...

We've been hold outs. Until just this week we haven't had cable. OK. We did have very (and I mean very) basic cable. All we could get were the local channels and then two or three other channels, like ION and CNN. That meant that for the most part there really weren't many (if any) TV shows to choose from when we had time to sit and watch.) I snapped this picture of my son back in February. He totally made me laugh (without trying to). It was a Tuesday evening and he wanted to watch something on TV but there was absolutely nothing on. He went upstairs in a bit of a huff mumbling "It's a sad statement on American television when I have to go study Spanish cuz there's nothing on TV!"

Seriously ... totally funny! (At least to me!) As a side note, it did make me happy that when there was nothing on TV he chose to put some extra time in to study Spanish. That certainly gave him some "brownie points" as we like to call them!

So ... now we've got cable and a gazillion channels. I just need to figure out what stations I want to watch. It's a nice change! (I'm sitting here watching "I Dream of Jeannie" as I'm making this post.)

On a scrappy note ... One Little Bird came out with a kit today called "Stay Tuned." I absolutely HAD to have it! I can think of several pages I want to create using it. This photo/quote from my son came to mind right away. Now I just need to snap a few other photos for pages I want to create using this kit! (And the journaling cards are perfect for Project Life!) What fun!


Credits:
Stay Tuned by One Little Bird at the Lillypad
Clear Essentials (staples) by Karla Dudley at Pixels & Company

No comments:

Post a Comment