Friday, March 15, 2013

My 2012 Album is on order at Blurb! (Blurb vs. Shutterfly)

Yay! I'm so excited. I officially put my 2012 "Year in the Life" family album on order at Blurb today. How will I be able to wait until it gets here?! I really do wish I had it in my hands right now!

I've ordered a couple of books with Blurb now and have been really happy with their product and their customer service. They're my new go-to company for album printing. I've always upgraded to their premium paper but this time I thought I'd try their top of the line "Pro Line Pearl Photo" paper. It's really heavy (140#) and cost a bit more but I was thinking it would be even more durable and I was anxious to see what the photos/scrapbook pages look like on that paper. I'll let you know what I think when my book arrives.

Background ... Until I switched to Blurb I'd been doing my printing of my bound books with Shutterfly. I've been happy with Shutterfly as well but Blurb books are just a bit easier to create. Another BIG thing about Blurb is that I'm not limited on the number of pages I can print in a book. With Shutterfly I'm limited to about 105 pages. Blurb books can be huge!  One thing to note though  (that I just found out as I created this album), there is a page limitation when you use the Pro Line paper - but that limit is 240 pages. Not so bad. I did have to take a couple of pages out of my book to accommodate the 240 page limit, but not very many. My album sizes seem to get bigger every year so who knows, I may have to break up my books again next year. We'll see how it goes in 2013!

Anyway ...  I just just wanted to share my excitement with you! I'll post again when my album arrives and let you know what I think about such a big book and whether the additional expense for the Pro Line Premium paper was worth it!

And ... a post from me just wouldn't be right without a photo, so I'll share with you the front and back covers that I designed. I created the back cover last night (it's pretty simple but I still like photos on the back) and the front cover I shared a couple of weeks ago ... but I'll share it again!

Back Album Cover:


Front Album Cover:


Supplies for the back cover:

Take Note (paper) | Karla Dudley (Pixels & Co.)
Photography Quotes Wordart Set 1 | Jennifer Valencia Photography (Pixels & Co.)
High Key B/W Photoshop Action | Jennifer Valencia Photography (Pixels & Co.)
Family Element Cluster (frame cluster) | Kayleigh Wiles Studio DD

Supplies for the front album cover:

Take Note | Karla Dudley
Worth Repeating No. 6 | Katie Pertiet
Frames | Katie Pertiet

No comments:

Post a Comment