Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mousepad Gifts (Does this count as hybrid?)

I wanted to share with you a couple of mousepad gifts I made for my mom and for my mother-in-law and father-in-law. I thought they'd be fun "little somethings" to share with them.

If you're interested in creating a mouse pad, I had mine printed at Costco. They have a full page template design option for you scrappers (or for someone who wants to include a full size photo for their mousepad.)

Helpful tip if you design a mousepad at Costco ... They indicate that their mousepads are 8-1/4" x 9-1/8" inch. That size did not work for me. Through a little trial and error (this time I was smart and did my trial and error to determine size BEFORE I designed the entire thing! ... I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. LOL!) The size that worked for me was 7.5" tall x 9.127" wide. (See below.)



NOTE ... the images above are what showed on the preview screen at Costco. When I got the mouse pads back they were trimmed significantly smaller than this. (Maybe this wouldn't have happened if I'd have kept the exact size they gave ... I'm not sure though because the Costco previews were the images I posted above.) While I'm really happy with the quality of the images on the mouse pad I'm a bit disappointed that the sides were cropped off so much. If I make a mousepad again I would definitely leave a LOT more room around the edges. (For my images on the left and the right, the images were croppped right up to the frames and the top and bottom were also cropped right up the frame.

Credits:

Vintage Findings paper pack | Jen Alysson
Photo Frames & Staples | Katie Pertiet
Moments of Special (celebrate happiness) | Vinnie Pearce
Stamped Brushes (family) | Carina Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment