Saturday, May 11, 2013

You'll always be my little boy | My son driving cars - then & now


For me one of the fun things about scrapping is scrapping new photos right alongside old photos. I think it's so fun to see the change over time. (OK, lets be real ... showing the change in the KIDS over time is fun; showing MY changes over the last ten or so years isn't nearly as fun for me! LOL!) I love the photos I used on this page of my son as a little guy! He was always into cars and trucks and construction vehicles. He was crazy about them when he was little. I still have an ratty old paperback book that I read to him all the time when he was little. I pulled it out and showed it to him a month or so ago. He thought it was really odd that I could still read big chunks of the book by memory. {I'm sure he didn't think it was weird. I'm sure he was amazed by me. LOL! I can tell myself whatever I want, right!} ... "I'm a rattle tattle dump truck. I am rough and I am tough ..." (I could go on, but I won't!)

My son is 16 years old and driving now. (He's a good driver!) I thought it would be fun to scrap a photo of him driving off (he was actually coming home in this photo) with these old photos. I told him I needed a shot of him driving the car. He had gone to the grocery store for me and came back, but when he came back his car was facing the wrong direction for the way I wanted to take the picture. I asked if he'd be willing to turn the car around for me so I could get a photo of him going the other way. What a nice kid ... he of course did that for his mom. I love this kid. He understands the importance of pictures - and of making his mom happy!


Credits:
Echo Park Hybrid - Little Boy
Katie Pertiet - Buttoned Up (epoxy button)
Design by Dani - Imagination (car)
Simply Tiffany Studios - April Coordinates Templates v. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment