Friday, May 10, 2013

In Honor of Mother's Day | Two pages - 1971 & practically today

I created two - yup, 2, Mom-related pages using the same kit ... Scotty Girl Design released a beautiful kit today in honor of Mother's Day. It's called More than Just Mom and it's so spring-y and cheerful. For the first page I created I knew right away the photo I wanted to scrap with it. It's a photo taken at my first Communion in 1971 and it's of me, my sisters and my mom. Is that weird that I knew a particular photo I wanted to use from 40+ years ago? I don't think so! OK, maybe it is. Ha!

Now ... if I'd get on the ball and have even more heritage/childhood photos scanned I'd have even more photos to choose from. (Lately I've been enjoying scrapping some old photos! Could this be a new trend for me? Scrapping the "today" photos one day and the next old photos?!) Hmmm ... I'll get to scanning again one of these days!

Oh ... aren't the dresses we're wearing adorable? My mom made all of our dresses back then. She worked full time AND she made our clothes. How in the world did find time to do all that?!


For my second page using this kit (and Tiffany's newest Modern Masters collection) I wanted to scrap photos I took a couple weeks ago of my daughter's manicure. She's been growing her nails and when she and I were out shopping she bought some super cute nail polish. Of course that meant as soon as we got home it was time for a manicure. I love the attitude she shows in these photos so of course I needed to document it on a page!


NOTE: All product available at Pixels & Co.

Credits: 1971 First Communion Page
More than Just Mom by Scotty Girl Designs
Paper Stacks Templates by Scotty Girl Designs
Skinny Stitches by Scotty Girl Designs

Credits: Mom & Me Manicure Page
More than Just Mom by Scotty Girl Designs
Modern Masters Add On Pack 4 by Simply Tiffany Studios

2 comments:

  1. I love this page. It brings back many
    good memories.

    ReplyDelete