Friday, May 3, 2013

1968: An old time family photo (and a new kit by Mye DeLeon)

Mye DeLeon has a kit at Pixels & Company that came out today. It's her collection for iNSD (International Scrapbooking Day). It's called Happiness Lies Within (check it out here) and I have to tell you, I fell in love with it immediately. I was first struck by the journaling cards. Before I did Project Life I didn't always pay a lot of attention to journaling cards. I don't know why ... they can be such a great design element, not just be used as a journaling card! Now journaling cards are one of the first things I check out when deciding whether or not to purchase a kit. Then I looked at the papers and elements and smears, and o.m.g. WOW!

Anyway, the kit struck me and I immediately took a look through my photos for something to scrap with it. I chose a photo taken in 1968. I've always loved this photo for some reason. Maybe it's because it looks like such a relaxed, happy time. And it's so vintage ... I LOVE that! I like looking closely at the photo and seeing my little sister's adorable smile (check out the little one in the stroller!) ... the way everyone is all dressed up for an everyday walk. Look at the old gas pump. It's just all so cool. (At least to me!)

So ... happy International Scrappingbooking Day (week!)



1 comment: