Sunday, December 16, 2012

P365+1: Week 50: December 9 - December 15, 2012

I can't believe it's week 50 already. I've really enjoyed my photo-a-day project again this year. One of the things that is really important to me is that these pages go together really quickly. I want this project to be entirely about the photos and the story and not about embellishing my pages etc. This page took me only about 1/2 hour to complete. I LOVE that! I really need to put some time into what format I want to use next year.

I keep toying with the idea of doing a Project Life style book, but I use the Project Life style for my monthly recap pages in my scrapbook and those pages take me a fair amount of time to put together. For that reason I'm thinking that style may not work for me. (Although I'll keep Project Life style pages on occasion for my "regular" scrapbook pages simply because I love it!)

I've used an 8-1/2" x 11" format for my photo-a-day books for the last 3 years and am thinking I'll continue with something like that (and not switch to a 12" x 12" format). I like the idea that the books stand out from my other books on the shelf just by virtue of their size. Blurb (my new favorite printing company for my bound books) doesn't offer an 8-1/2" x 11" size book but they do have 8" x 10". I love Blurb because they don't have page size limitations for their books. Now I think I just need to come up with an 8"  x10" format for next year!

(How's this for a train of consciousness kind of post! Thanks for bearing with me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment