Saturday, December 15, 2012

Days of December: Donating Lifesaving Blood

You know, these certainly aren't Christmas-y photos, but they are a part of our December and I think they depict a big part of the Christmas spirit (helping others) so I really wanted to include them as a part of my Days of December album.

My journaling reads:

When my son was approaching 16 years old I told him he was now old enough to donate blood. I asked him if he wanted to donate with me and without hesitation he said yes. When the day came, he did great! He found out that donating blood is quick and painless and is an important thing we can do for others. As we sipped on a pop before leaving Memorial Blood Bank we decided we'd go out to dinner -  just the two of us - and that since we're going to make donating blood a mother/son tradition, we'd make a dinner out for just the two of us a part of our new tradition. What a great idea! I sure do love this kid!

NOTE about creating a Days of December album:

I've got to tell you scrappers out there. This Days of December album is going together really quickly.  That's important to me because, first off, who has a lot of free time in December? and secondly, I want to order this book right away in January (the goal is the first week of 2013. I managed that printing goal in 2009 when I created a Days of December album so I think I can do it this time!) I'm taking Tiffany Tillman's Heart of the Holidays class at ReneePearson and that's key for me. Using a set of templates and having everything coordinate is making everything go together so quickly. I love that! So ... for those of you creating a Days of December album ... I hope you're enjoying the process!







The supplies I used are:
Tiffany Tillman: Heart of the Holidays #12
Karla Dudley: Day Dream Believer (recolored expoxy button)
Shabby Princess: Happy Go Lucky
LivE Designs: Needs+Wants Date Stamps
Fonts: Century Gothic & Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment