Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Days of December (trimming the tree & my son's 16th birthday)

I'm taking Tiffany Tillman's Heart of the Holidays class again this December. I'm still working out the details but I don't think I'm going to specifically create a page a day every day of December. I'm still in the planning process, but what I'm thinking of doing this year is creating pages simply as the mood strikes me. Creating pages throughout the month of December of events that are important to me/my family (birthdays etc.) and pages about holiday traditions (trimming the tree) (whatever may strike me this month). I'm not sure if I'm going to print these pages as a specific Days of December album as I have in the past (click here if you'd like to see the Days of December book I created in 2009). I suppose that'll depend on how many pages I end up creating and what turn this book takes. Either way, I'll print these pages in my 2012 family album. (So these pages could in theory end up in two or even possibly three books if the pages also specifically relate to one of the kids, like my son's birthday!).

All I know for certain is that I'm going to have fun with it. I'm going to document my family's December/holiday traditions and see where it goes! I can tell you that I ALWAYS look forward to Tiffany's December class! BTW ... if you're interested in checking out Tiffany's class, click here to go to ReneePearson.com and read all about the class!

Another thing to mention is SIMPLE. I want this book to be SIMPLE and I want my pages to come together quickly. I don't like to get behind (I get stressed and put a lot of pressure on myself if I get behind) and I want a cohesive book that will be done and ready to print the first week of January (REALLY ... I will keep to that schedule!). Tiffany's class is perfect for this.

I really like the idea of using full sized (12x12) photos. My thought is that I'm always going to do 2 page layouts. I'll have the left page be a full sized 12x12 photo and the second page be the supporting page with the story and a collection of more photos. Hmmm ... it's early in the month. My plan may change a bit over time, but this is what I've come up with so far. No matter what, it's going to be a fun month!




I'll share the detail pages as well:







FYI, for you scrappers out there, for these pages I used the following:

Tiffany Tillman: Heart of the Holidays Template Class
Karla Dudley: Heart of the Holidays (class kit)
Mye de Leon: Vintage Christmas (class kit)
Katie Pertiet: Defined Discs Holidays No. 2
Katie Pertiet: Santa's Trees
LivE Designs: Needs+Wants Date Stamps
Lori Whitlock: Birthday Masking Set
ScrapGirls: Birthday Paper
Fonts: Century Gothic & Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment