Sunday, July 29, 2012

One Big Job - A huge deck restraining project ...

While sometimes I get nostalgic thinking about how big my kids are getting and how I miss them being little, I do realize that there are a lot of benefits of having "big" kids too. We hired our son to stain our back deck for us back in June. He took care of it all by himself and did a great job.

What a big help to us. And how nice for him to get some good "walking around money." ... Sadly for him though, just as he finished up this job and made some cash, he also forgot to take his expensive iPod Touch out of his pocket before putting his cargo shorts in the wash and I found it in the washing machine AFTER the wash cycle. His iPod Touch did not recover from this experience.  Bummer about the loss, but at least he had just made some money to help pay for his OOPS!


Credits:
LivE Designs: Paint Spatters Vol. 1
Simply Tiffany Studios: Artisan Blenda Pack 2
Karla Dudley: Boy wordart: Stamp Sheet Boy Brushes
Paper: Jofia Davoe
Fonts: Lobster, Tiza, Century Gothic

1 comment:

  1. The paint splatters are perfect for this page and I really liked your journaling. I felt terrible that he washed his ipod. Poor dude!

    ReplyDelete