Sunday, August 5, 2012

Making Memories & Stained Glass with Oma


My mother makes beautiful art. She primarily makes stained glass projects but that overflows into so many other things. I've got a bunch of her original art at my house. (I could always use more - hint, hint, wink, wink Mom!). One day over the 4th of July my daughter and I went over to Mom's (Oma's) house and the two of them went about making a beautiful stained glass heart that my daughter now has hanging in her room. My daughter was thrilled. (I took pictures of them working because photography and scrapbooking is my art form!) Not only does my daughter now have a beautiful heart to display in her room, she had a chance to create art and make memories with her Oma, AND she also appreciates more how much work goes into making stained glass art. (Some day I really should post a bunch of photos of some of my Mom's art. It's beautiful!) 

I want to share a story with you as well. Just this week my daughter had a friend over for a sleepover (actually, for a two night sleepover - what fun "girl time!"). I overheard my daughter talking to her friend about what beautiful stained glass her Oma makes. She showed her friend the heart she and her Oma had made and then she asked me if I had photos of some of the things Oma makes. I showed the girls some photos of Oma's art on my laptop and reminded her of some of the various things we have in our house. My daughter was positively GUSHING about how BEAUTIFUL all the stained glass is that Oma makes and how talented her Oma is. {I of course had to call my mom and share this story with her after the girls went off and did something else. I wanted Mom to know how much her art is appreciated!)

OK, so here's my page:


You can find the credits here.

Oh, what the heck ... here's a photo of am amazing stained glass window my mother made for her house. This was the first thing my daughter was gushing about. Isn't it amazing?! One of these days I'll post more photos - but first I have to take more photos of her creations!




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the beautiful tribute
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom's art is amazing! That window is just incredible!!! Wow! I love the photos of the two of them working together.

    You asked what I do with my way back in the day pages. I'm making my own Book of Me with pages that are about my childhood. They get their own book and I put them in there as I get them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful!! It's such a wonderful feeling when you see the generations connect over a craft or hobby. My mom (also Oma) has been teaching my boys how to do needle work - I love it!

    ReplyDelete