Sunday, July 29, 2012

P365+1: Week 30: July 22-July 28, 2012

Busy busy week. We went boating with friends on Lake Waconia last Sunday. That was a LOT of fun. It was a gorgeous day. Of note on Sunday ... the kids tried to ski again, but so far it's still a no go. They were really really close to making it up so hopefully by the end of summer they'll make it (if they have another opportunity to give it a try). I on the other hand was a different story. I said that what the heck, I'll give skiing a try. It's been many years since I've skied but I wanted to do it. My daughter told me that there was no way I could get up - that I was WAAAAY too old. I took that as a challenge. I proved her wrong. I didn't get up on my first try, but I got right up - no problem whatsoever - on my second try. It really is like riding a bike. So look out ... your old mom isn't quite as old and decrepit as you think she is! :)
What else went on this week? We spent LOTS of time working on the family room Scott has been painting and my daughter and I have been shopping. (That's an important job too, right?!). My son flew out to Chicago Friday morning. He's spending the next 10 days sailing on Lake Michigan with friends. Lucky kid! So ... that's about it. I'd better keep my post short. I've got to get my Saturday started. Lots to do you know!

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment