Monday, July 16, 2012

How many kids fit in this outhouse? Answer: All of 'em!


I still have nightmares about this day and the kids going out on their own. OK, not real nightmares, but it does still freak me out a bit whenever I think about it. The occurrences of this particular afternoon/evening - I think - are going to be a vivid memory for the kids. #1 because they got to go off and swim at the mines which was great fun for them and #2 because their day ended with them unexpectedly being out on their own in a HUGE STORM (that unbeknownst to us at the time caused massive amounts of damage and destruction up north). So scary! Just in case it's not a vivid memory for them ... that's where I step in. I scrapped it so they WILL remember.
I'm torn between thinking I'm a really bad mom for letting my kids go and do this (even though everyone else said it was ok) and patting myself on the back for letting them go and easing up on my nervousness just a little bit. OK, I didn't actually ease up ... they left quickly and were gone before I had a chance to yell STOP!! Short of going and looking for my keys and driving after them they were gone before I knew it. 
All's well that ends well and when they got back to the resort safe and sound I just gave them a hug and said thanks a lot for giving me a heart attack all day! I was nervous the entire time they were gone. (I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach now as I think about it. Does this nervousness ever get better?!)
FYI, the journaling on this page tells the entire story. Of course the kids didn't have a camera with them, but my darling husband was kind enough to stop on his way by the Laurentian Divide and snapped a few pictures for me. 

Supplies used:
Splendid Fiins :Kinda Sketchy Album Templates : When Skies are Grey paper pack : Woodgrain Mist Mask

3 comments:

  1. Your post is full of interesting reading stuff. Great topic. Web Design Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOODNESS! Thank God they were all safe. I don't blame you for being nervous/scared. I would've been terrified! I'm glad that you scrapped about their experience and yours. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete