Sunday, November 18, 2012

P365+1: Week 46: November 11 - November 17, 2012

I would have to say that the highlight this week for my son (and I say this with absolute certainty) was that Call of Duty Black Ops 2 came out on Tuesday. He was so excited. Needless to say he played a lot this week. As for me, I do not "game" at all, but on Wednesday he wanted to teach me and he showed me some of the ins and outs of the remote and how to play. (It was kind of hard.) He did a great job. We spent a 1/2 hour and he patiently sat beside me and instructed me what I should be doing. I was quite impressed. It was fun. I was a little hesitant to try because he tried to "teach me" one other time a few months back and that time he was NOT a good teacher. That time he supposedly was teaching me but at the same time he was teaching me he was playing against me. There was no learning on my part at all that time and I finally told him enough was enough. But ... this time was different. It was fun and I couldn't believe how quickly 1/2 hour went by. I'm really not interested in being a "gamer" (I've got my scrapping you know!), but what I am interested in is being able to play a game with my son that he loves.

My daughter had a fun week. Sunday a friend invited her to the Vikings game. She doesn't know anything about football but she and her friend had a great time. They had awesome seats and enjoyed watching the game at the Dome without adults. Last night (which will be included in next week's POTD) she went to a friend's birthday party. Her friend's parents rented a stretch limo and she and 9 other girls drove around town. How fun is that? I never got to do that when I was a kid. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it too! Another day this week she was busy baking for our church. As I'm sure you know by now, she LOVES baking! She baked pumpkin bars for 100 people for a leadership event. It was so much fun for her. I'm glad they ask her to bake for their events sometimes.

That's about it. It was a good week. Have a great Sunday and Thanksgiving week!


No comments:

Post a Comment