Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A February recap - My process of "rounding out" my annual scrapbooks.


Last year I added something new to my scrapbooks. I added monthly recap pages. I think these recap pages really round out my yearly albums. As you can tell from this blog I scrap a lot of pages of individual stories throughout the year. Once I thought about it though - and what became really apparent when I viewed my starred photos in Picasa - is that there are a LOT, and I mean a LOT of photos that I enjoy throughout the year that don't make a scrapbook page of their own. These are photos that I enjoy just because I like them or that tell teeny tiny stories that don't warrant a full scrapbook page all on their own but that I want printed out and represented in the family album so they make their way off my computer. That's where my recap pages come in.

For every month of the year, once I feel I've finished scrapping all the individual pages of stories from that particular month, I go into Picasa (where I tag and catalog all my photos) and I check out my "starred" photos that haven't made it to a separate page in my album. "Starred" photos are photos that I've marked as my favorites for whatever reason. I then pull a bunch of 'em together for monthly recap pages.

I like all of my monthly recap pages to coordinate throughout the year. While these monthly pages aren't next to each other in my albums, I still want them to be a visual reminder that another month has come to a close. I'm going to use different kits every month, but I'm always going to do a basic Becky Higgins/Project Life style layout. I'm doing that so that I don't have to think about the layout every month and I don't have to spend time "reinventing the wheel" shall we say. Like my Photo-A-Day project, I want these pages to be somewhat fast to put together. OK, lets be real, "somewhat fast" isn't all that fast (which is ok!). With this quantity of photos, these pages still take a few hours to put together, but I'm not spending tons of time designing the pages at least. I like that!

I've certainly scrapped lots and lots of pages for 2012 already. I just took a peek at the Finder on my Mac where I save my completed pages and it looks like I'm at about 140 pages for my 2012 so far. Geez. That's a lot of pages. Love it!

In any event ... I just put together my February 2012 "recap" pages and I wanted to share them with you. First off are the side-by-side views:




And the detail views:







No comments:

Post a Comment