Monday, August 20, 2012

P365+1: Week 33: August 12 - August 18, 2012 & our final summer hurrah at the resort

Have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy my photo-a-day project? With the template I made it's just so dang quick and easy. I love that I can document so many of the little moments in my family's life this way! You know, really, if it weren't for this project, would I ever really remember the computer games that my daughter and her friend are so into these days? How about the little silly moments, like when Grant pretended to have been hard at work hanging speakers instead of actually sitting on the couch offering occasional advice? The little things are the big things, right?!

These photos are from Week 33 (ending this past Saturday) as well as an extra page to showcase some of the zillion photos I took at the resort this past weekend. What a fun time! I love spending weekends at the lake lounging with the family!

Just a quick note ... if you're contemplating starting a photo a day project, one HUGE piece of advice I can offer you is to keep it simple. Make a template. Buy a template. Whatever works for you. I love the creative outlet scrapbooking gives me, but I also like the more graphic feel of this POTD book and that I don't have to think about anything but photo editing when I'm creating these pages. I get the sense of accomplishment of getting a couple pages done and I'm doing some serious memory-keeping.

Well, I'm off. Gotta run some errands! I haven't taken a photo yet today ... maybe today's photo will be taken at Ikea. Who knows?!



1 comment: