Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hanging Frames for my hallway

I created some hanging frames for my hallway and I have to tell you, I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out! It was a pretty simple process. (Love that!) The frames hold 4x4 images so all I needed were some papers, some masks and photos. Easy peasey, huh?! Here was my challenge though ... while I wanted a series of frames in the hall, it always drives me (and my husband) crazy when picture frames are crooked. I thought about it and determined that frames that hang from a ribbon are more likely to hang straight and won't get jarred quite as easily. Well, so far so good ... they haven't moved!

Another thing I wanted was for the pictures to be hung from something more substantial than just a hook. I thought that with the ribbons it would be a nice touch to hang them from an accent knob. Well, could I find any knobs that we could use for this purpose anywhere? Of course not. After thinking about it for a while I decided that drawer pulls would be the answer. Of course drawer pulls aren't designed to hang from a wall, but my darling husband came up with a solution for me. Thanks Scott!

I'm absolutely thrilled with the way the pictures turned out.

In case you're wondering, I created these images using Nancie Rowe Janitz's Polaroid Transfer Masks to mask the photos to the papers and also tried two different sets of paper packs with two different looks. The ones I'm showing you now I created with Nancie's Only Natural papers (which will be coming to the store on Monday!). I also created them using Nancie's Painted Moments papers as well. I loved those as well and printed both so I can swap them out when the mood strikes! With 4x4 prints I was able to print them at Costco for a whopping $3 printing cost. Awesome, huh?!


Credits are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment