Monday, October 15, 2012

P365+1: Week 41: October 7 - October 13, 2012

Happy Monday everyone!

It was another busy and fun week. Some of the highlights were:
  • Homecoming!
  • New UGG boots for my daughter. She has wanted UGG boots F*O*R*E*V*E*R it seems like and I can't express to you how happy she is to finally have some. Until now we told her they were too expensive and she had to wait until her feet weren't growing anymore. (We told her we couldn't justify buying expensive boots that would only last a couple months or a year at most before she'd grow out of them. She's a size 10 now and is very much hoping her feet are done growing!) FYI, we want her to understand the value of a dollar so she has to pay for half the price of the boots and is working off the money. She was very willing to do that if it meant she got the boots she's been wanting.
  • My husband was gone all week to Europe for a business trip. With the time change and the busy-ness at home we didn't get to talk to him very often.
  • The kids and I, along with a friend of my son's, volunteered at Feed My Starving Children. Packaging food at FMSC is always a very moving experience. We packed food at FMSC the same evening we bought Lauren's boots ... which got us talking about the fact that there are so many people in this world who are literally starving and here we are buying boots and that we should appreciate how lucky we are. It got us talking that it's great that we're packaging meals but that we should also donate money to buy the food tonight as well. It was a very good - productive - conversation. (On a side note, as I type this, I think I'll chat with my daughter and suggest that the money she earns to pay us back for her portion of the boot expense should be donated to FMSC as well.)
  • My son volunteered at our church on Sunday for fall clean-up day and that evening he also helped prepare and serve meals for a big community night. (His 10th grade health class required the kids to do a minimum of 5 hours of community service as part of their health grade. I believe it was to help them with their mental/social health. What an AWESOME homework assignment!) He had fun volunteering by the way!
  • Volleyball practice and tournament
  • Reffing soccer games
  • Just regular stuff ... 
Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment