Thursday, October 11, 2012

Our family camping trip to Mystery Cave State Park

We had a busy summer for some reason (I'm not sure why) and only had time for one camping trip. It was kinda sad. We usually try and go three times every summer. Good thing we had such a fun time on the one trip we did make! I suppose you can say we packed 3 weekends worth on fun in one!

We went with my sister and her family to Mystery Cave State Park in southeastern Minnesota. We'd never been there before and we wanted to explore the caves (we went spelunking - don't you love that word?) and visited some of the nearby towns. It was a great time! Since we were going to be away from the camp site so much of the time, we decided to kennel our dogs. You know, I love having the dogs with us, but it sure is a lot easier without them. Besides, I think that for Maggie, going to a kennel is like us going to a spa. She's so happy there. Plus ... we woke up to rain on Sunday morning. That makes packing up the pop-up camper (and my sister's tent) much more difficult ... PLUS the dogs would have been a muddy mess. Good thing we had just us to contend with. (FYI, we still had a good time on Sunday despite the damp weather!)

Anyway ... here's my general camping page ...


(FYI, I used Splendid Fiin's Life in a Nutshell templates and journaling cards. Super fun stuff! I love her whimsical style!) Here's a link to the full credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment