Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Amish Country - Part Photo/Part Sketch Technique


I have to tell you that this page was really fun to create! For a while now I've been wanting to create a page using part photo/part sketch for the focal photo. I've been holding off though because I just didn't know what kind of photo I wanted to try it on. I finally decided tonight that the scenery/setting photos I took during our visit to Amish Country in Harmony, Minnesota this past August would be perfect. Seriously, what a fun technique. I'm sure I'll be using it again on future pages!

FYI, for those of you wanting to try out this technique, I'll link you up to the short tutorial I used to create this effect. I found the tutorial at OScraps. (Ok, in truth my friend Miki found the tutorial and sent it to me. Thanks Miki!)  If you want to give it a try, click here for the tutorial.

FYI, the only supplies I used on this page were a nice soft white paper from the Shabby Princess Occasions kit as well as Katie Pertiet's Matte Black Vintage Frames No. 1 and Carina Gardner's Essentials Frames for the inked edge border.

Happy scrapping!


2 comments:

  1. This came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layout turned out fabulously well! And what terrific photos!

    ReplyDelete