Sunday, September 30, 2012

Portraits of my sweet daughter

It was a gorgeous day yesterday and I wanted to get some pictures of my sweet daughter. I always try and have taken (in the old days) or take myself (now-a-days) portraits of my kids around their birthdays. I have been woefully bad at doing that. What has happened the last couple of years is that months after their birthdays I start digging through random snapshots I've taken of my kids to see if there's anything in there that I can print as an 8x10 and put in a frame for their yearly portrait (and print for the grandparents for their grandkid frames). I've had varying degrees of success doing that. Some years I've ended up with good portrait-y like shots, others I haven't gotten the style of photo I've wanted. Not so this year. My darling daughter and I went out to the back yard yesterday and got these shots. I'm really happy with lots of them. Yay! Good thing she was happy to pose for me!

I wonder how much time my son will be willing to give me to pose for shots when his birthday rolls around in a couple of months. I'm guessing not much. Stay tuned! Ha!





 She couldn't pass up swinging on the backyard swing. I wonder how long it's been since my kids have used that swing?


(What I wouldn't give for that hair!)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Portraits of a beautiful girl !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some wonderful shots! She is a beautiful girl and I really love the swing photo.

    ReplyDelete