Friday, January 10, 2014

Wondering what to do with all those wonderful Christmas photos & cards you get?

Are you looking for something to do with all those wonderful Christmas photos, cards and letters you get every year? I've got and idea for you! For the last several years I've created a simple book for the cards. I design a cover, adhere it to thin cardboard (I use the cardboard I get back from Costco when I order scrapbook pages), then punch holes in the cover and the cards/photos and bind it all together with jump rings. That's it. Super simple (and kinda cute!), right?

And if you wonder what to do with the Christmas letters you get, I include that in the book too. Those papers are too big and too thin to punch so I fold them up and put them in an envelope, then I punch holes in the bottom of the envelope and include that too.

This is the third year I've done this and I love it. All my cards are together by year and I can easily page through them and look at the photos. It's fun to leave out during the holidays so people can page through it!



Credits:
Rockin' Retro Christmas by Mommyish at Pixels & Co.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jen! It's such an easy project and a great way to display the cards. I only wish I'd have thought of it before I got rid of my old photo cards that were collecting dust! At least I've got 3 years of cards now!

    ReplyDelete