Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Germany Vacation Album is Off to Print at Blurb!!


You may have noticed that I’ve been pretty quiet on my blog for the last couple of weeks. We went on a big family vacation to Germany the last two weeks in June and since I’ve been back I’ve been intently working on completing an album for our trip. I’ve been really focused! Well, I’ve done it. I’ve completed all the pages to my book and I'm sending it off to print at BLURB tonight. (It’s a 12x12 book BTW.) Can I say I’m excited?! I’m so anxious to get this book back in my hands. So is my family and my mom who went on this trip with us! Sure, it’s fun to work on pages, but it’s even more fun to have the physical book in hand don’t you think?! I didn’t want to print out regular photos so that’s why I really wanted to get this book done quickly. I want to be able to share photos of our trip!

Before I share my pages, I wanted to mention that my family was a help in giving me ideas for additional pages to add towards the end of the book.I added a "We're not in Kansas anymore" page showing some of the things that were different over there; places we stayed; different modes of transportation; a compilation page of all the castles we saw (my hubby's idea), and four pages of photos of the four - or five - of us (my daughter's idea). Also, my daughter, my husband and my son each helped proof the book after I was done. I appreciated the help looking for typos and crazy lost staples! I also like that in reading the journaling they suggested additional stories for me to include on the pages. It was their trip too … I’m happy to add in memories I may not have thought of!

So, without further chatting, here are the pages to my book. It turned into quite a large book. Two weeks in such an amazing place makes for lots of photos! (I’ll include a list of credits after the photos.)











































I kept my book fairly simple. I didn’t want to include many embellishments. I wanted it to mostly be photos and the story. The supplies I did use on these pages were pretty classic type items and included:

Karla Dudley’s Stamp Press Photos brushes
Audrey Neal Instaframes Vol. 1
Karla Dudley’s staples
Jennifer Valencia Photography’s Photography Quotes Wordart Sets 1 and 2
Scotty Girl Design’s Walt’s Park Elements
Nancy Rowe Janitz’s Textured Overlays (PDQ Vol. 9, 10 and 11)
Nancy Rowe Janitz’s This Day Brushes (date Stamp brushes)
Katie Pertiet’s Stitched Journaler Strips No. 2
Carina Gardner’s Well Traveled brushes

10 comments:

  1. Hey my feedly ony phone is finally working!!

    I love this album!! I particularly love the blended photos throughout. They look great as part of the background page with photos on top. I'm definitely going got copy that. And those final two pages are fabulous. All the ephemera looks so great. How exciting to get your album done so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! The ephemera page was so easy. It's usually such a labor intensive page to scan and extract and shadow all the stuff. Then ... LIGHTBULB MOMENT (completely thanks to my hubby) ... he suggested I lay out all of the "stuff" and took a photo of it. I used the photo. So much easier!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the blended photos you used as lots of your backgrounds. So cool. Makes the smaller photos really pop!
    Did you blend those yourself, or is that a clipping mask? LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Julie! I blended the photos myself using layer masks. Actually, let me correct myself, for the large photo on the Borken & Bottrop page I did use one of Tiffany Tillman's photos masks.This was a super fun album to put together and I'm surprised how quickly it went together!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful album! I am such a fan of your work.
    I also think it is so fabulous that you got this done so quickly
    while all the memories were fresh. I'm taking a lot of
    Inspiration from this wonderful album.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww ... thanks for your comment Stephanie! You made my day!

      Delete
  4. I am amazed at how quickly you get a book put together as well! It is so fun to see some of the same places I've visited through your eyes…Munich, The Glockenspiel, Salzburg, Dachau. You take such gorgeous photos, Barbara, and display them in a truly masterful way! Thank you for sharing your talents and life with us; you truly inspire. :)

    ReplyDelete