Tuesday, July 9, 2013

2013 Project Life - Weeks 25 & 26 (Our vacation to GERMANY!!!)

I just finished up my first step in the process of documenting our two week family vacation to Germany this past June. We got back about a week ago! This was such a big trip for us so I want to put some thought into how I want to document our trip.

First off I knew I of course wanted to include our trip in my Project Life book. I wanted to keep it as an overview in the Project Life book, BUT I didn’t feel like my regular two page spread per week would be enough, so I decided to dedicate one 12x12 page for every day of the trip. This allowed me to put the pages together somewhat quickly (we’ve only been back from our trip for a week so I’m pretty pleased that I’ve got this much done already!). The Project Life format allowed me to keep it at a pretty high level overview of the trip and still get down the basics. I * LOVE * PROJECT * LIFE!

My next step in documenting our trip is going to be to create a bound 12x12 book (that I’ll print at Blurb) dedicated solely to this trip. It’s in this book that I want to include more photos and more of the stories from our trip – the details. I’m really looking forward to putting this together. My goal this weekend is to decide on a general design theme and get it started! This book of course will take me some time to put together and that's OK!

One last thing I’ll do for this trip is create a few (who knows how many) individual scrapbook pages for my family album with random stories/photos from our trip. It’ll be on these pages that I’ll do my “regular” scrapping and play with the design more. That’ll be fun too!

I’ve got lots and lots of pictures to choose from so this will be fun! I took about 2,800 photos, my daughter took close to the same on her camera and my son snapped a few photos on my iPhone. I think I’ll have a good selection of images to choose from in putting these pages together!

So, without blabbing on any more … here are my Project Life pages …










For anyone who wants to see a closeup:

















Credits (mostly from Pixels & Co.):

This is what I used on ALL the page::
Audrey Neal Flight Path elements & papers
Robyn Meirotto Kraft Letterpress So Daily

This is the miscellaneous other “stuff” I used throughout:
Audrey Neal Destinations
Karla Dudley Anywhere Buttons
Karla Dudley Stamp Press Life brushes
Audrey Neal Instaframes
Mye deLeon Happiness Lies Within journal cards
Scotty Girl Designs Lets Go journal cards
Wild Blueberry Ink Wanderlust stamps
Ardent Sparrow Let's Go elements (Let the Adventure Begin)
One Little Bird Going Places elements
Sweet Carolyn Studios Noted Cards
Karen Funk This Way and That journal cards
Carina Gardener Well Traveled stamps
Jenni Bowlin Studios Vintage journaling cards
Becky Higgins Clementine journaling cards
One Little Bird Click Elements (wood veneer card)

1 comment: