Monday, June 18, 2012

Just a Picnic?


This probably looks like just an impromptu picnic. It was more than that.

My daughter has so many awesome traits, but some of my favorites are her spontaneity and her sweetness. The weather has been beautiful lately and she has been enjoying spending lots of time outside biking, reading books or just enjoying the sunshine. On this day my daughter asked me so sweetly – “Can we eat dinner outside? Just have a little picnic?” How could I say no? My husband was traveling for work so it was just the kids and me. My son thought it was a really dumb idea. Eating on the ground? Really? (I think he was embarrassed. What would people think as they drove by and saw us out there?!) I thought it was sweet. I remember that we had sloppy joes and that it was a little difficult to eat with our plates on our laps, but I also remember that it was fun! 

Today’s picnic reminds me of where the kids are at right now: My son's teenage embarrassment (he did still snap this picture for me though!) and my daughter's sweet 12 year old innocence. Impromptu moments make the best memories!


You can find the credits for this page at my Jessica Sprague gallery here.

2 comments:

  1. Love the distressed wood frame! Great embellies---especially the bees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers for impromptu summer moments!

    ReplyDelete