Tuesday, December 2, 2014

2014 December Traditions Album (the designing of a Christmas Card & Favorite Childhood Song)

Happy December! I started my December album tonight. It feels good to get it started. The first page or two are always the most challenging for me. This year I'm approaching my December album more as a traditions/favorites/observations kind of album and not so much a page-a-day kind of album that I've made in the past. My plan is to make pages as I think of topics I want to include. (I have created a list on my phone so I can jot ideas down as they come to me.) It's all about flexibility this year! I'm taking Traci Reed Designs' My Digital December class at Scrapaneers so I'm relying on the class to help me with prompts, ideas and inspiration. 


FYI, I'm going to use various items for this album but for the most part, to keep it simple and consistent, I'll focus mainly on using Mye De Leon's Merriment and Peppermint Winter Collections.


Have I ever mentioned that I love Google? My favorite childhood Christmas song is Morris the Moose from this old Peppermint Candy Kids album - yes album. I wanted to include the lyrics and the album cover. I couldn't take a photo of the album cover because my sister has the album so I did a Google search and was able to come up an image of the album cover AND someone had typed up the lyrics. It's like it was meant to be don't you think?

Are you doing December Daily or some version thereof? Link me up in the comments if you are ... I'd love to check out your pages for inspiration!!






No comments:

Post a Comment