Saturday, October 12, 2013

My son's visit to Washington DC

This page has been in the works for a few weeks now. I started it quite a while back and for some reason never got around to finishing it. That pretty much never happens. Typically once I start a page I just work on it until it's done. It's usually a one night (or a couple hour) kinda thing. I'm not sure what happened with this page, but this afternoon I noticed it sitting half done on my computer so I thought I'd finish it up.

The story behind this page is that my son (who as you can see is quite self sufficient - I'm quite proud of him BTW!) visited Washington DC this summer. He flew out there by himself. He toured the museums on his own. He had a great time! He of course wasn't in DC by himself ... my husband was there for work. I'm so glad he got the experience of being able to tour such an awesome city (this is his third visit there so he's getting pretty comfortable with getting around - he's my directions kid!) and then got to hang out with Dad at night! FYI, the reason he was there was for a robotics conference on Thursday and then Friday he and Dad toured the sights together. I'm glad they got some father/son bonding time too! (And I got some mother/daughter bonding time back home with my daughter.)

Happy Friday!




Materials Used:

Well Traveled kit by Carina Gardner
In Neutral Stitches by Robyn Meierotto
About a Boy elements (plane) by Mye De Leon
Clear Essentials elements (staples) by Karla Dudley
Editorial Inspiration 092610 (circle tag) by Katie Pertiet
Editorial Inspiration 070911 (postage stamp border) by Katie Pertiet

No comments:

Post a Comment