Tuesday, April 30, 2013

2013 Project Life | Week 17: April 21 - April 27 (and a BAT is in the house!)

Wow. What a difference a couple of days makes. On Sunday and Monday is was cold and snowy. By Wednesday we were sitting outside and my daughter was even doing her homework outside. Love that!

I used Becky Higgins Amber Edition for these pages. I went for a really simple design this week. I didn't even use any staples or tape anything. Changing things up a little bit I guess.

As I put these pages together tonight we have a darn BAT in our house. Yes ... a BAT. One of the bad things of the weather warming up. Our front door was left ajar a bit and I think that's how he got in. Argh! My son and I were sitting in the porch - him doing homework, me putting together Project Life. I interrupted him a couple of times because I was hearing something, but he never heard it and we never saw anything. Then a picture frame was knocked off the table next to me startling us and scaring our poor dog. My son commented that that was strange. Then ... we figured out what must have knocked off the picture frame (RIGHT NEXT TO ME!) ... because we saw this BIG bat flying around.

Try as we might we could not catch him. Then ... joy of joys ... we lost him. We could not find hiim for the the life of us. EEEK! After a while we turned off all the lights in the house - left an outside light on and made a tapping noise by the door. (We read on the internet that might get it to fly outside). Well ... that did work. It got it to come out of hiding. The stupid bat swooped over my head a bunch of times but he never swooped out the door. My son almost caught him again but he got away ... and then unfortunately never came out of hiding again. OK ... that freaks us out. I'm calling animal control in the morning in hopes that they can do something for us. I'm not too thrilled with having a bat in my house. EEEEK! (I even made note on this week's Project Life pages about what was happening as I was scrapping the pages!)

Wish us luck please that we can find this thing before it terrorizes us again!



No comments:

Post a Comment