Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Creating Digital Painted Canvases



I'm taking an All Star Techniques 2 class at Scrapaneers. It has really been fabulous. One of the modules was taught by Cilenia Curtis. She instructed us how to to create digital paintings from our photos. Let me tell you … I'm in love with this technique!



I've got some blank walls in my house that would be perfect for some digital paintings! I've created a couple and want to share them with you. (I kinda went crazy. I think I've got to stop now.)



Dinkelsbuhl, Germany

I created this painting from an image I took in Germany this summer. I've got it hanging in a 12x18 black frame (the black frame around this image is just to kind of show how it looks in the actual frame). I absolutely LOVE it!






Venezia, Italia

This was the first digital art canvas I created using Cilenia's techniques. I'd really love to have this printed on a canvas but unfortunately I can't think of a place to hang it, so for now it's going to be a scrapbook page in my 2013 family album.






Capri, Italy (2 images)

We recently remodeled my daughter's bathroom and she wants a spa-like feel to her bathroom. I went to Italy this fall and took some gorgeous photos in Capri. My daughter thought they'd be the perfect feel for her spa bath. What do you think?

This one is going to hang in a 10x13 frame:

This one is going to hang in a 12x18 frame:



Taormina, Italy
I made this just because it's a pretty picture. I probably won't print it and I can't think of any place to hang it, but it was just such a pretty scene as I walked the quaint streets of Taormina with my mom and sisters this fall that I wanted to "pretty it up". It's created for a 12x18 canvas.




Can you tell I've really enjoyed playing around with making painted canvases?



1 comment:

  1. absolutely fabulous . It really brings back memories of
    our fun vacation

    ReplyDelete