Saturday, February 4, 2012

Random Snapshots - January 2011 {the plan}


As I've been scrapping my pages to fill out my 2010 albums (family and kid albums) I've been seeing so many photos that speak to me but that haven't made it to a scrapbook page of their own. These photos could quite possibly be in my P365 photo-a-day album but they don't appear in my family scrapbook. These photos speak to me for some reason (whether I just really like the photo or they tell a little story or they make me smile, whatever) and I want them to be in my family album. That's why I took the photos, right?

In all my blog hopping and gallery gazing I've gotten so much photo and scrapping inspiration. Jana Morton (I absolutely LOVE her scrapping style!) is doing a layout similar to this for her P365 book this year. I love the look. I decided something like that would be great for my random snapshots. I don't want to spend hours "scrapping" these pages. I want to kind of just put 'em together. 

Here's my thought process: I love how photos "pop" on black so that's what I'm doing for the background (I'm using black & grey for my photo-a-day layouts this year too). I chose a paper from Becky Higgins that I'm going to re-color every month to coordinate with a color in one of the photos. I'll choose a contrasting color for the strip and some of the word art and call it good. Easy, right?!

I feel really good that I'm going to be able to include all these random moments/snapshots in my scrapbook! What fun! I've got January through March done already. I'm going to just put these pages together as I determine what pages I still want to scrap for that month. By the time I finish my 2011 album, I'll have these pages put together too. Enjoy!

 {Oh, and I want to credit Katie Pertiet at Designer Digitals for the FineLinesBorders word art I'm using on the bottom, they're so fun! and Katie Pertiet "Spot Dots" for the black paper and Karla Dudley "Sunkissed" for the grey paper. }

No comments:

Post a Comment