Monday, December 10, 2012

First Big Snowstorm of the year - from several perspectives!

We had our first big snowstorm of the year yesterday. It snowed literally all day long. It was absolutely beautiful (but the roads were treacherous)! We ended up with about 12 inches of snow. My daughter was completely thrilled and played outside a TON (as did our dog who loves the snow and rings the bell to go outside for a while, comes back in for a bit, rings the bell to go out ... repeat ... endlessly). My son also enjoys the snow but he didn't get the same joy out of it as my daughter did. He had other stuff going on and didn't go outside and play in the snow. Ah ... he's older. I can certainly see that. Once he gets out snowboarding he'll be thrilled! (As will my daughter when she gets out skiing.) The fact that my son didn't go out and play in the snow certainly didn't mean that he didn't spend his fair share of time outside (same with my husband). The snowstorm was certainly a great money making proposition for him. He snowblowed our driveway TWICE as well as a neighbor's driveway. Extra "funny money" is always nice! (I was outside some too ... taking pictures of course!)

Both kids had the same complaint about the snow. Their complaint: that it happened on a Sunday instead of a school day. Couldn't we just ONCE get a day off school for snow? Drives them crazy!

The snowstorm from my daughter's perspective:


The snowstorm from my son and husband's perspective:


Closeups of the pages:




I designed the pages from my daughter's perspective using:

Tiffany Tillman: Heart of the Holidays Template Class; Karla Dudley: Heart of the Holidays; Mye de Leon: Vintage Christmas; Nancie Rowe Janitz: Colorwash Brushes; LivE Designs: Needs+Wants Date Stamps; Karla Dudley: 25 Days (wordart); Becky Higgins: Turquoise Edition (ruler); Fonts: Century Gothic & Channel


I designed the pages from my son & husband's perspective using:

Tiffany Tillman: Heart of the Holidays Template Class; Karla Dudley: Heart of the Holidays; Mye de Leon: Vintage Christmas; Nancie Rowe Janitz: Colorwash Brushes; LivE Designs: Needs+Wants Date Stamps; Katie Pertiet: Holiday Word Strips; Crystal Wilkerson: Merry & Bright (snowflake button); Becky Higgins: Turquoise Edition (ruler); Fonts: Century Gothic & Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment